RISING DAMPIn our damp Irish climate, rising damp is an especially common problem in our older buildings
Typically in our climate, rising damp will rise in the wall fabric to a maximum height of one meter above internal ground floor levels.
Note: Professional advice should always be sought on:
1) The need to remove original internal wall render, and
2) Where original render is removed the most appropriate re plastering specification.
Dampness levels above this height are usually associated with other defects such as penetrating damp, faulty rainwater goods or plumbing problems.
CONTROL RISING DAMP USING ANY ONE OF THE FOLLOWING OPTIONS:
- By injecting a damp proof course into pre drilled holes at the base of the affected wall using a specially formulated DPC injected cream – ideal for the small contractor and DIY Enthusiast.
- By injecting a damp proof course into pre drilled holes at the base of the affected wall using a specially formulated silicone based DPC fluid – this process is usually completed by a specialist damp and timber treatment contractor.
- By inserting an Electro Osmotic Damp Proof System – basically by inserting a loop of pre connected and earthed platinised titanium anodes into pre drilled holes at the base of the affected wall – this process is always completed by a specialist damp and timber treatment contractor.
We can supply or install any one of the above damp proofing systems for the small contractor and DIY Enthusiast.
Note: As with all internal damp proofing installations, professional guidance and advice on preparatory work and fitting damp proof courses, is strongly recommended.
Call us for a quote today
021 4555 694
We offer a number of options to Client’s buying, maintaining or renovating older properties